Tuesday 9 April 2013

Marketing Notes 1

Introducing Marketing Notes

While I am an enthusiastic photographer, I am far from being an expert and look forward to continue to learn.

However, one area in which I can claim to have some expertise is online marketing and so I will share this with you as part of my online Photography project.

To start there are two main categories to consider; the platforms on which you sell and the platforms on which you promote.  In fact, these are more like a Venn Diagram with an overlap in the middle as you also promote on the selling platforms too.

My main selling platform is FineArtAmerica where I have uploaded over 500 images and which also provides me with my own web site.  

I also have looked at 500 Pixels, DeviantArt and RedBubble.

There are obviously considerations of cost but also of time.  Given relatively slow upload speeds it is difficult and very time consuming to have a major presence on every platform immediately and I have decided to continue to focus on FAA while slowly developing my RedBubble presence.  

I will leave the others for the time being and focus.

In the next Marketing Notes, I will take a look at some of the promotional platforms that I use.

My question to you is where do you prefer to sell?  Which do you think are the best selling platforms for online Art?

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment